The following is a good look at the 46 million
internet users over the age of 17.
- 58% are male; 42% are female.
- 48.7% have college degrees.
- 40.3% have professional or managerial careers
- 56.3% have incomes of more than $50,000.
- 25.1% have incomes of more than $80,000.
- Reasons for Internet Use: 45% Personal; 33% Business; 16% School/Education;
- 73% of web users search for information about products and services.
- 5.6 million people have purchased products on-line.
- 17 million households have on-line accounts.
- 39.5% of American households have a computer.
- 25% of household computers are IBM/IBM clone; 15% Apple, 13% Packard
- The number of people in the U.S. and Canada using the internet has
more than doubled in the past 18 months!
Source: Nielsen Media Research/CommerceNet, Spring 1997
Here's more about those 46 million internet users.
- 45.70% are married.
- 45.92% use the World Wide Web one to four times per day.
- 20.50% use the World Wide Web over 20 hours per week.
- 20.05% use the World Wide Web 10-20 hours per week.
- 17.00% use the World Wide Web 7-9 hours per week.
- 17.76% use the World Wide Web 4-6 hours per week.
- 30.10% access product information on a weekly basis.
- Average Income: US - $64,700; World-Wide - $62,000
- 29.50% spent over $100 via the world wide web during the past 6 months.
- 35.00% expect to spend more than $100 on the internet in the next six
Source: Georgia Institute of Technology, Graphic Visualization and Usability
Center/The Hermes Project at the University of Michigan, November 1996.
The number of internet users is growing at the rate of 150,000 per month.
As you can see, the growth rate of the internet is explosive! If
all this has inspired you to put your company onto the internet, or if you're
already on the 'net but feel like your web site needs the powerful, customized
marketing that we can provide, please e-mail
By Net Sites | Marketing
Tips | 'Net Quotes |
Hosting | Services/Fees
| Advantage | Home
This URL: www.net-sites.net
© Copyright 1997-2006